Pages

Monday, August 19, 2019

jim dine charcoal art

                                           WALT: Draw a tool in the style of Jim Dine.

This is my Jim Dine tool. Jim Dine is an artist that does lots of charcoal drawings. Mine is nowhere as good as his art.
1: The first thing I had to do was get a piece of paper, a bit of charcoal and a tool or object. (I chose scissors because I couldn't be bothered waiting for the hammer)
2: Secondly I had to trace the scissors on the paper.
3: Thirdly I had to get my piece of charcoal and go over my scissors drawing with it.
4: After that I had to sort of scribble around the outside of the scissors with the charcoal.
5: Lastly I smudged it around.
and then I was done.

One thing I could have done was made the outside of my scissors a bit darker. I also could have smudged it a bit better. The challenging part about this piece of art was that the scissors kept moving and it took me a while to do the outlines. Have you seen a Jim Dine photo before? 
Thanks for looking at my blog. bye

No comments:

Post a Comment